I tend to complain about living in Virginia because I've lived here all my life and I can't wait to get out, however, I know that I am very fortunate to live in a state so rich with history. There are many places to visit throughout the state that take you back hundreds of years, to a time of new beginnings for our country.
Colonial Williamsburg (about 3 hours from Washington, DC) is one of these spectacular places! With museums, shops, parks, and a long list of special events to enjoy, you will have plenty to do and see with the entire family. I have visited Williamsburg many times as a child and as an adult, and every time I discover something different.
If you happen to live in Virginia, you might want to take advantage of a special promotion currently being offered. Now through May 31, when you buy one single-day pass to Colonial Williamsburg, you can return with FREE admission for the rest of the year! That means you can come back again and again until December 31 at no extra charge. Here are some of the additional benefits you will enjoy with this offer:
· Unlimited admission to the Revolutionary City and its 35 exhibition sites and 19 Historic Trades shops
· Access to Colonial Williamsburg’s three world-class museums
· Complimentary shuttle bus service
· Free special walking tours (reservations required)
· 25 percent discount on other tours, evening programs and carriage rides
· Seasonal discounts on admission tickets for family and friends
· 10 percent discount on Busch Gardens and Water Country USA single-day admission tickets
· Advance information about coming attractions and new events
· Discounted renewal pricing on future pass purchases
I am already starting to think about summertime and the weeks of no school and nothing for the kids to do. How great would it be to make a few day-trips down to Williamsburg to take advantage of this deal (and to visit some family, of course). ;)
Go discover what Colonial Williamsburg has in store for you.