This past Friday, my children and I had the privilege of attending the grand opening of a newly designed Build-A-Bear Workshop. Having never been to a Build-A-Bear Workshop before, I was unsure about what to expect. I had tried to imagine what the process of making a stuffed animal would be like and I pictured a large room where children would move along in some kind of line, selecting options for their animal. Wrong! The new design of the Build-A-Bear Workshop is NOTHING like that drab image of some assembly line that I had somehow pictured.
From the moment we walked into the workshop, we were met by smiling faces. We were greeted by several team members, including Jalissa, who were eager to point us in the right direction. Jalissa started us out in the new child-height Choose Me station, where my two boys got started picking out their new furry friend. I decided to make a bear for my six-month-old baby girl too and, of course, I had trouble deciding which animal to make for her. Jalissa recommended a baby-friendly bear with sewn eyes and allergen-free fabric, but I couldn't resist picking out a fluffy, classic brown bear. Then the fun began!
Filling their bears' hearts with special qualities.
Stuffing bears and inserting hearts.
Washing bears in a virtual bathtub.
Putting the bears into their 'condos' for the ride home.
Here are some great features from the new Build-A-Bear Workshop:
- Find-A-Bear ID program (where a lost bear can be returned to its owner using a unique barcode placed inside the bear).
- Optional sound chips and scents can be inserted into the animals to make a more interactive friend.
- Interactive, touch-based stations for children to engage in.
- A HUGE selection of clothing and accessories to go with any mood, holiday, or interest!
- A friendly and interactive environment to make your animal friend.
- Fun for both kids and adults. A great place to have either a birthday party or a company team-building workshop!
Using a special lens to see inside their bears at the qualities they put into their hearts.
Browsing the sound station.
I really had a great time watching my children make their bears and I definitely recommend checking out the Build-A-Bear Workshop near you!
Enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win a Gift card to Build-A-Bear Workshop!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States only. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is not associated with Facebook. Live Like a Mom is not responsible for prize fulfillment.